The tyre can be repaired:
- If the pressure loss is caused by an object (screw,…) in the tread.
- If the pressure loss is caused by a valve defect.
- If the pressure loss is caused by oxidation of the rim.
The tyre cannot be repaired:
- If the tyre has a bulge or puncture in the sidewall.
- If the tyre has run flat.
- If there is a hole larger than 6mm.
- If the tyre is damaged on the inside.
- If the tyre has been subjected to heating and/or deposit on the inside.
- Repairing a tyre with a plug is prohibited and can only be a temporary solution.
- Do not remove any object from the tyre: it prevents the tyre from deflating completely. If possible, it is best to restore the tyre to the correct pressure.
How are secure, long-term tyre repairs done?
- The tyre is taken off the rim to check the reason for the loss of pressure and the condition of the tyre inside.
- Preparation and placement of a patch using cold vulcanisation inside.
- Fitting, balancing and pressure check.
Auto-Contact only repairs tyres from the inside in order to guarantee long-term work and greater safety.